Friday 6 April 2012


Saw this idea on the wonderful Sft's blog ...... what a super idea.

Linking up with

Astra at http://ajourneytoadream.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/vive-le-revolution.html

Just think of 10 things that are making you happy this month, write them down and grab the banner above for your post! Lets forget about the negatives for a minute, turn off the news and give some attention to all the good things in our lives!


So, here are my 10 things that are making me happy this month....



1. This beautiful cherry blossom in my garden that I sit and watch from our lounge.

2. Learning to crochet.

3. Booking my ticket (today) to go and see my fabulous friend Ruth who emigrated to Canada around 11 years ago. I miss her so much and I CAN'T WAIT! I go in June.

4. A wonderful young man that I am privileged to teach who arrived from the Congo and has endured more than most of us can imagine. Knowing that he is safe and happy makes me so glad.

5. A new job to provide for us.




6. A new book on the way from Amazon.
If you haven't discovered Kelle Hampton's blog yet - go have a look - it will warm your heart

http://www.kellehampton.com/

7. Listening to Pink Martini.

8. Easter eggs.

9. #3 being home from Uni for a couple of weeks.

10.Lazy days during the Easter holidays and not having to rush to school every day.

So, go on, join the fun.....

What is making you happy right now?

Love Mrs Thrifty

xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for joining in my happiness revolution its so cool to see happy lists popping up all over the place!

    I've added you to the 'revolutionaries' on the original post too.

    Great list - you must be so excited about going to canada, I had a friend come to my wedding i hadn't seen in 6 years - it was amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping over to check out the rules.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness ... today has been the happiest day of all!! I don't blog so may I "steal" your comment box to tell you my top 10 happiness-makers please?

    1. Hearing that Mrs. Thrifty is coming to Ontario ... the first person to see my new home!
    2. Selling my house to an elderly man and his son - who love it!
    3. Hearing my Grandson Eden giggle on the Facebook video.
    4. Joy of joys ... finding an unopened bar of Galaxy chocolate - still in date!!
    5. Hearing my hubby tell me he's loved me these past 24 years but not as much as he will tomorrow :)
    6. Planting seeds with #3 daughter ... cucumbers, squash, sweet peas, tomatoes and lettuce!
    7. Enjoying a glass of Shiraz and listening to Rod Stewart ... sing to me baby.
    8. Trying a new laundry detergent and loving the fresh smell of clean linens.
    9. Watching the sun disappearing over the roof-tops yet casting a golden glow on the tall trees.
    10. Knowing that it's a long weekend and I am off work for 3 whole days!

    We have so much to be happy about x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea ! Oh my, where in Canada ?? Wouldn't that be cool if you were close for me to visit & meet you ??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea!! I will join in next week for sure!! Have a great Easter weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. rmauber, I'm a Brit in Canada too...where are you?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your list is brilliant. I joined the revolution too, but learning to crochet is making me frustrated at the moment, not happy. Will check out the book recommendation. ;-)Arwedd x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in the reading about it stage with crochet although I could do the basics a lot of years ago. I may aim to have it on next months list
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful comments about your list.

    I love what you have on it!

    Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned to see your friend and I'm looking forward to hearing your plans for going.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx