Thursday 12 April 2012

Energy Fix

Good Morning Lovely Readers and a welcome to my new followers


We are starting this morning with a green smoothie. Let's be honest, a fruit smoothie is no hardship, but this is the stuff of change for the body.....


Have you ever eaten grass? I should imagine it tastes something like this! Actually, if you can ignore the texture, the taste is fine..


Into my blender I put:
spinach
kale
apples
cucumber
apple juice

and 

lucuma
spirulina
mesquite
kelp
ground flax seeds
he shou wu
bee pollen



Now we are waiting for the magic to happen!

Enjoy your day

Love Mrs Thrifty xxx

7 comments:

  1. Anything that looks THAT healthy MUST do you good!! :-)

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... I sincerely hope that it tastes less sinister than it looks! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look & sound great!

    We go through phases of juicing & smoothie making, for years we made green juices on a daily basis & added spirulina or wheatgrass, but now we just make them when we have a glut of fruit & veggies that need using.

    Suma root is one of the best super foods we've used, but then again so are nettles - picked & juiced straight away... I think I feel a post coming on!

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It felt like eating grass (not that I have ever eaten grass), but the taste was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your patio, not to sure about the beverage!! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only ever eaten grass by accident when the mower blows the cuttings into my face!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs Thrifty, I think I might pass if you dont mind! I'm not that keen on smoothies and shakes, I know they are supposed to be good for you but I dont know what it is about them.Maybe its the texture or something?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx