Monday 23 January 2012

Crochet crazy....

Good Evening

Another day here of mad tidying and clearing ... is there light at the end of the tunnel? I do hope so. Frugal living going well and another delivery arrived from Approved Foods. 6 packs of linguine for £1 and a similar price for lasagne - out of date but it is absolutely fine! Finished off yesterday's veggie chilli with apple crumble made from apples from my sister's garden. Yum! Heard that there are going to be redundancies from school, so might need to be even more frugal! Makes sense to live each day as it comes, because we don't know what is in store.

Number 4 had a doctor's appointment after school tonight to investigate a sore neck and a freaky fainting fit which occurred at the weekend. He stood up and just keeled over - quite frightening. Anyway, the doctor puts it down to his height - 6' 7" - sore neck from looking down and fainting from not getting blood to brain in time and so brain shuts off blood supply to legs - poor chap. He gave me quite a fright when he went down - was out for the count for several seconds, just staring into space - seemed ages at the time.

On a more cheerful note, I am slowly getting the hang of the crochet stitches - it is sooo compulsive! Here are some of my little projects - as a week old crocheter I am rather pleased with myself - I am sure all the competent crocheters out there will think these not very good.. but hey ho, you have to start somewhere. My inspirations (help) came from
Angie at http://www.lemondedesucrette.com/ - the big flower
Michelle at http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/ - the square (might make it into a blanket one day...)
and Lucy at http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ - for the little flowers and the jar cover.

I have been admiring some truly fabulous crochet on the web and wondering why I never really learnt this wonderful skill before now.

Here they are


I wish you all a peaceful night xx



2 comments:

  1. Oh did you say only a week old crocheter, oh you give me so much hope. I really want to learn how to crochet, but have always stuggled and felt that I needed sometone to show me when I got stuck. I love all that you have made and hope to attempt them too, hopefully this year. Keep it upx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Shaheen - how kind - actually I am absolutely loving it. There are some really good tutorials on youtube and you can stop and start them. Also, the sites I listed do really good explanations .... give it a go - you'll love it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I do enjoy reading them xx